Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 21:33:29 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com

Hi,

abc and I have enhanced the official/local archive of oss-security today
(as well as of other Openwall-hosted mailing lists):

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/

Now these have month and day index pages with message Subjects and Froms
on them (finally).  For example:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2011/05/
http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2011/05/24/

Also, there are "prev month", "next month", "prev day", and "next day"
links at top.

If anyone is interested in the code:

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/blists

Suggestions/votes for further enhancements are welcome (we have a to-do
list for blists internally, but we're unsure of what to work on next).
This must not turn into a lengthy discussion thread of its own, which I
think it won't.

Alexander

P.S. Five years of linux-kernel (almost 5 GB in mbox format) took two
minutes to re-index, using 25 seconds of CPU time, on a fairly old
machine and with the file being quite fragmented.  The index file size is
approx. 3% of the mbox size (before the addition of Subjects and Froms,
it was approx. 1%).  http://lists.openwall.net/linux-kernel/