Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 11:09:12 -0400
From: Jeff Mitchell <mitchell@....org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
Subject: Re: Closed list

On 04/30/2011 10:03 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 08:38:57AM -0400, Jeff Mitchell wrote:
>> I didn't hear back about this -- can someone confirm?
>
> I am sorry about the delay in getting back to you on this.  I don't
> treat these subscription requests as high priority, but I do "flag" them
> such that I don't miss any.  As you might have noticed, I handle them in
> batches; the delay for some has been over 10 days so far (OK, that might
> have been excessive).

No problem; I didn't actually notice you handling them in batches, but
that explains it.

> The list that has been setup so far is Linux distro security contacts;
> KDE is not a Linux distro, hence it should not be on the list.  That
> said, I'll save your request to a separate folder in case we ever setup
> a suitable list.  There have been no requests for the setup of a
> non-OS-distro vendor security contacts list so far, and I see too little
> use for such a list.

OK. I got a bit confused (it's been a long, long thread), because when
people were added their information was also put on the wiki, and the
wiki has multiple pages for different contact types. So I guess I got a
bit confused as to exactly who the target was.

Thanks,
Jeff