Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 19:54:30 -0700
From: Jeffrey Czerniak <jeffcz@...le.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Closed list

On Apr 4, 2011, at 4:27 PM, Solar Designer wrote:

> Yet I recognize that Apple has been contributing to vendor-sec, so I'd
> be happy to add you to a suitable list if one is setup.  Perhaps a BSD
> distros list, which would generally be CC'ed on issues that are expected
> to be shared between Linux and *BSD userlands and thus likely also with
> Mac OS X?  Do you and other vendors feel that such a list is needed?
>
> So far, yours is the only non-Linux vendor request.  For just one
> vendor, we can be CC'ing you whenever appropriate, with no list needed.

Hello Solar Designer,

We found the vendor-sec email list useful not just for reporting issues in open-source projects, but also for receiving advance notification about issues that affect the various open-source libraries and applications that Apple ships.  (More details can be found at http://www.opensource.apple.com/)

If you are not willing to grant us full membership to the new list, we at least hope we can be cc-ed on all userland issues reported to the list.

Best regards,