Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2011 17:40:24 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Closed list

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 02:07:16PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:
> I can understand that you want to keep the list of subscribers low in order to
> prevent leaks. But from a practical point of view I see really no difference
> if a mail is passed to a team exploder of a distro by one of the allowed
> subscribers or directly sent to these members, at least in terms of attack
> surface/leaking risks.

I was thinking that only a subset of issues discussed on the list will
be relevant to a given distro, and only a subset of those will need to
be communicated to the distro's entire security team right away.  Maybe
this is not true for large distros, which package almost all software
that Linux distros package at all.

> That being said, my key data (I was added as part of Debian):
> pub   1024D/73647CFF 2003-11-15
>       Key fingerprint = FF46 E565 5CC1 E2E5 3F69  C739 1D87 E549 7364 7CFF
> uid                  Nico Golde <nion@...ian.org>
> uid                  Nico Golde <nico@...lde.de>
> uid                  Nico Golde <nion@....net>
> uid                  Nico Golde <nion@...tu-berlin.de>
> sub   2048g/F774030E 2003-11-15
>
> or alternatively a stronger key:
> pub   4096R/A0A0AAAA 2009-06-01
>       Key fingerprint = E1AB DE0E FFCA AEF3 9494  7592 CD4B 2AF3 A0A0 AAAA
> uid                  Nico Golde <nion@...ian.org>
> uid                  Nico Golde <nico@...lde.de>
> uid                  Nico Golde <nion@...tu-berlin.de>
> uid                  Nico Golde <nion@....net>
> sub   4096R/E89CCA30 2009-06-02

Please suggest a specific e-mail address and key combination.  And if
you suggest other than your @debian.org address, please suggest a way to
verify that the address is really "yours" (the Debian security person's).

Thanks,

Alexander