Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 00:56:35 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Closed list

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 04:37:53PM -0400, zardoz@...h.com wrote:
> I previously had a backdoor on the vendor-sec box and would like to
> be included in the new vendor-sec list.  If you could migrate my
> backdoor to the new infrastructure, it would be much appreciated.
>
> My public key should still be in /root/.ssh/authorized_keys.

Oh, you forgot to post a fingerprint and a DNA sample for verification.

> - Zardoz

This reminder is very nice, and timely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zardoz_(computer_security)
http://securitydigest.org/zardoz/

Obviously, history repeats itself.  It's the same tradeoff, and we're
(maybe) just a little bit wiser now.

Alexander