Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 13:44:50 +0800
From: Eugene Teo <eugene@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
CC: "Menkhus, Mark (GSE Security HP SSRT)" <mark.menkhus@...com>
Subject: Re: Vendor-sec hosting and future of closed lists

On 03/16/2011 12:07 PM, Menkhus, Mark (GSE Security HP SSRT) wrote:
[...]
> Not being the one fixing the code for our kernel left me with little to
> immediately contribute, but I requested and coordinated with several folks
> who got vendor sec for HP.  Likely, we would still want to be part of
> vendor-sec.new.

Many of the kernel vulnerabilities I have seen over the past two years
at least, were reported and fixed upstream. Only a handful of them were
reported privately. I can't remember when was the last time we had a
kernel issue reported via vendor-sec. There were, but it must have been
quite some time ago. LKML is still one of the better places to find
vulnerabilities :) Contributions welcomed.

Eugene
--
main(i) { putchar(182623909 >> (i-1) * 5&31|!!(i<7)<<6) && main(++i); }