Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 00:46:47 -0500
From: Nelson Elhage <nelhage@...lice.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Physical access vulnerabilities and auto-mounting

I don't have any definite opinions here about where to draw which
lines, but I want to point out that in addition to physical attack
vectors, virtualization tools are also potentially affected by these
kinds of bugs. If you try to mount an untrusted VM's virtual disk
image from somewhere, you're also vulnerable to that VM triggering
bugs in the filesystem or other layers.

- Nelson