Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2011 13:08:59 -0500
From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE-NONE kernel: PHONET signedness issue

This is a slippery slope.  I'm in favor of not having a CVE assigned
for this issue.

Otherwise, wouldn't we need a CVE for every vector that allows
transitioning from various capabilities to root?  The capability
system may be poorly designed to allow such transitions, but I don't
think they represent unexpected behavior.

-Dan