Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:21:37 -0700
From: Vincent Danen <vdanen@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Eric Blake <eblake@...hat.com>
Subject: CVE request: libvirt when compiled with openvz support has a
 potential security hole

We were notified of a fix to upstream libvirt that plugs a potential
security hole (buffer overflow) via the OpenVZ support in libvirt.

Red Hat and Fedora do not ship libvirt with OpenVZ support enabled; I'm
not sure if other vendors do or not.

The patch was posted publicly today, and although it's a low impact
issue, probably needs a CVE name.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2010-December/msg00348.html

Thanks.

--
Vincent Danen / Red Hat Security Response Team