Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:34:24 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE Request: mailman

In this case, all else being equal, lowest ID wins.

We will never be perfect due to the lack of sufficient details (or, way
too many details), but where possible I prefer to follow the consistency
rules when we can, especially when they're pretty clear-cut like this.

It happens :-)

In this case, the abstraction issue was discovered quickly, so I'm OK with
fixing the abstraction after the fact.

Let's stick with CVE-2010-3089, and I'll flag CVE-2010-3090 for rejection.

- Steve