Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 10:42:25 +0200
From: Morten Shearman Kirkegaard <morten@...elingp.dk>
To: Florian Streibelt <gentoo@...treibelt.de>
Cc: oss-security <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>, Jan Lieskovsky
 <jlieskov@...hat.com>, "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>,
 Michael Fleming <mfleming+rpm@...tfleminggent.com>, Mads Martin Joergensen
 <mmj@....dk>, Christoph Thiel <ct@....org>, Ben Schmidt
 <mail_ben_schmidt@...oo.com.au>
Subject: Re: CVE Request -- mlmmj -- Directory traversal flaw by editing
 and saving  list entries via php-admin web interface

CC'ing Christoph Thiel (mlmmj-php-admin author) and Ben Schmidt (current
mlmmj maintainer).

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 19:41 +0200, Florian Streibelt wrote:
> when I reported the bug I had no time to further investigate and I think I
> did not report upstream because of lack of time at that point and later
> forgot - which is sad.

Yeah, well, things like that happen. Would you agree that the attached
patch fixes the vulnerability?

Using a list of known-good-characters would be nice, but dot happens to
be a valid character in a list name.

> The php webinterface is a third-party development for mlmmj but part of the
> official release.

I know that this is just semantics, but... While it is true that the
mlmmj-php-admin web interface is distributed along with mlmmj, it is not
a part of mlmmj itself, but is located in the contribs directory.

Best regards,
Morten

--
Morten Shearman Kirkegaard <morten@...elingp.dk>

View attachment "patch-mlmmj-php-admin-dirtravfix.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1139 bytes)