Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:35:12 +0200
From: Jan Lieskovsky <>
To: "Steven M. Christey" <>,
        Michael Fleming <>
CC: oss-security <>,
        Florian Streibelt <>,
        Mads Martin Joergensen <>,
        "Morten K. Poulsen" <>
Subject: CVE Request -- mlmmj -- Directory traversal flaw by editing and saving
 list entries via php-admin web interface

Hi Steve, vendors,

   Florian Streibelt (yet in 2009) reported:

   a directory traversal flaw in the way mlmmj (Mailing List Managing Made
   Joyful), mailing list manager, processed users requests to edit and save
   list entries, originating from php-admin web interface. A remote,
   authenticated attacker could use these flaws to alter integrity of the system
   (write and / or delete arbitrary files) by providing a specially-crafted list
   variable content to the edit or save request.

   Florian, please correct me, if I mangled the attack scenario, and it's slightly

   Martin, Morten, are these two issues known upstream yet? Is there a patch for them already?

   Steve, could you please allocate two CVE-2009-XXXX CVE ids?
   (One for 1, 'edit' case, second for 2, 'save' case.) [Searching "Master Copy of CVE" for "mlmmj"
    keyword returned nothing for me.]

Thanks && Regards, Jan.
Jan iankko Lieskovsky / Red Hat Security Response Team