Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 12:58:56 -0600
From: Raphael Geissert <geissert@...ian.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: security@....net
Subject: CVE-2010-0397: NULL pointer dereference in PHP's xmlrpc extension

Hi,

At http://bugs.debian.org/573573 it has been reported a NULL pointer
dereference in the xmlrpc extension, in a call to estrdup[1]. This bug can at
least be used to perform DoS attacks.

Looking at the code, I can see multiple, similarly affected, calls.

For tracking purposes (and hoping nobody else has run and assigned one
themselves) I've assigned CVE-2010-0397.

[1]
Z_STRVAL_P(method_name_out) = estrdup(XMLRPC_RequestGetMethodName(response));

Kind regards,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer
www.debian.org - get.debian.net

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]