Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:02:53 +0100
From: Nico Golde <oss-security+ml@...lde.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE Request: viewvc

Hi,
* Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com> [2010-01-13 22:14]:
> ----- "Ludwig Nussel" <ludwig.nussel@...e.de> wrote:
> >
> > viewvc 1.1.3 was released with security fixes according to the changelog:
> > http://viewvc.tigris.org/source/browse/viewvc/trunk/CHANGES?r1=2242&r2=2313&pathrev=HEAD
> >
> > More explanations are in this commit:
> > http://viewvc.tigris.org/source/browse/viewvc?view=rev&revision=2300
> >

> As best as I can tell, there are only two things that deserve CVE ids:
>
> * security fix: add root listing support of per-root authz config
>     Use CVE-2010-0004

In what sense is this a security fix? This looks just like an enhancement to
allow admins to configure this behaviour but I see no security bug itself
here. Please enlighten me :)

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion@...ber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]