Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:51:01 +0100
From: Nico Golde <oss-security+ml@...lde.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE request - pidgin MSN arbitrary file upload

Hi,
* Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com> [2010-01-07 16:19]:
> ----- "Paul Aurich" <paul@...krain42.org> wrote:
> > http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/Fahrplan/events/3596.en.html
> >
> > In Fabian's talk, he describes an issue where Pidgin's MSN prpl does not
> > validate the filename received in a request for Pidgin to upload a custom
> > emoticon to a third-party, allowing an attacker to download arbitrary
> > files on the system via directory traversal.
> >
> > This is fixed in source, but no release yet:
> > http://d.pidgin.im/viewmtn/revision/info/c64a1adc8bda2b4aeaae1f273541afbc4f71b810
>
> As this really needs an ID, please use CVE-2010-0013.

While everyone is talking about the file inclusion vulnerability which is
really important, has anyone investigated the SLP memory corruption issue yet?
Page 24: http://events.ccc.de/congress/2009/Fahrplan/attachments/1483_26c3_ipv4_fuckups.pdf

I had no time to investigate this yet myself but both issues should be fixed
probably at once ;)

Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion@...ber.ccc.de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]