Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 17:51:01 +0100
From: Nico Golde <>
Subject: Re: CVE request - pidgin MSN arbitrary file upload

* Josh Bressers <> [2010-01-07 16:19]:
> ----- "Paul Aurich" <> wrote:
> >

> > In Fabian's talk, he describes an issue where Pidgin's MSN prpl does not
> > validate the filename received in a request for Pidgin to upload a custom
> > emoticon to a third-party, allowing an attacker to download arbitrary
> > files on the system via directory traversal.
> >
> > This is fixed in source, but no release yet:
> >
> As this really needs an ID, please use CVE-2010-0013.

While everyone is talking about the file inclusion vulnerability which is
really important, has anyone investigated the SLP memory corruption issue yet?
Page 24:

I had no time to investigate this yet myself but both issues should be fixed
probably at once ;)

Nico Golde - - - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA

[ CONTENT OF TYPE application/pgp-signature SKIPPED ]