Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 16:08:51 -0500 (EST)
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: coley <coley@...re.org>
Subject: Re: mysql-5.1.41

As best as I can tell, we only need one CVE id (two issues, but one already has
an id).

MySQL clients before version 5.1.41 linked against OpenSSL would not properly
check certificates presented by a MySQL server linked against yaSSL. This could
possibly lead to a man in the middle type of attack on the SSL connection.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=47320
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/news-5-1-41.html

Thanks.

--