Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 14:30:27 -0500 (EST)
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: eldy@...rs.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: CVE request: awstats

----- "Craig" <craig@...uarter.de> wrote:

> I think there isn't a CVE for this issues - which was fixed in 6.95 - yet
> (quote from
> http://awstats.sourceforge.net/docs/awstats_changelog.txt):
>
> - Fix security in awredir.pl script by adding a security key required by
>   default.
> - Enhance security of parameter sanitizing function

I'm adding AWStats upstream to this reply. Can someone elaborate on those
fixes? Are they security flaws, or just proactive security measures.

If they're flaws that need CVE ids, I presume upstream will add them to their
security page:
http://awstats.sourceforge.net/awstats_security_news.php

Thanks.

--