Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 11:03:05 +0200
From: Alex Legler <a3li@...too.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request(?): Thin: Client IP spoofing

Hey,

we've stumbled upon a changelog entry in Thin [1], a ruby http server:

>  * Fix Remote address spoofing vulnerability in
> Connection#remote_address [Alexey Borzenkov]

Thin uses the X-Forwarded-For header (if it is provided) to determine
the client's IP address. That could be used to facilitate spoofing.

This is the commit:
http://github.com/macournoyer/thin/commit/7bd027914c5ffd36bb408ef47dc749de3b6e063a

Not sure if it warrants a CVE, if it does, please assign one.

Thanks,
Alex

[1] http://code.macournoyer.com/thin/

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)