Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 12:45:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE id request: silc-toolkit

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009, Nico Golde wrote:

> Hi,
> silc-toolkit upstream fixed [0] various security issues which
> from my assessment allow an attacker arbitrary code
> execution. I'd like to get some CVE ids for these.
>
> |    ASN1: Fix stack variable overwrite when encoding OID.

This was actually fixed in 1.1.8 back in 2008:

  http://silcnet.org/docs/changelog/SILC%20Toolkit%201.1.8

Use CVE-2008-7159, to be filled in later.

> |    Fixed string format vulnerability in client entry handling.
> |
> |    Reported and patch provided by William Cummings.
>
> This one allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code, tested.
>
> |     More string format fixes in silcd and client libary

Use CVE-2009-3051 for both of these format strings, to be filled in later.

> |    HTTP: fix stack overwrite due to format string error.

Appears to be from
http://silcnet.org/docs/changelog/SILC%20Toolkit%201.1.9.

Use CVE-2008-7160, to be filled in later.

- Steve