Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:52:01 +0200
From: Robert Buchholz <>
Subject: expat bug 1990430

we have learned that expat fixed a crash issue in June 2008, but never
released an update. The bug was apparantly intended to be kept private,
but the bug changes were mailed to a public mailing list and Python
developrs menitoned the bug fix in their public svn (including NEWS
file, and reproducers):

While the expat bug was reported by Peter Valchev of Google, Python
credits Ivan Krstić of Apple with the patch (submission).
It might also be related to CVE-2009-2625 / FICORA #245608:

As CERT-FI never released any details or test cases, I have no idea if
we need a new CVE of if those two issues are the same.

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)