Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 23:06:34 +0200
From: Hanno Böck <hanno@...eck.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: clamav CVE ids?

Am Mittwoch 17 Juni 2009 schrieb Tavis Ormandy:
> On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 05:22:28PM +0200, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Clamav 0.95.2 brings some fixes for Thierry Zollers issues,
> > which probably deserve (a) CVE id ...
>
> Anti virus bypass? Seriously?

I agree that av bypass isn't a "security issue" itself, but at least the
cab/filesize issue sounds like it could lead to more than that.
It's a pity clamav doesn't handle security issues in a sane way, but I think I
already said that recently...

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:		http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber/Mail:	hanno@...eck.de

http://schokokeks.org - professional webhosting

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (199 bytes)