Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 11:19:01 -0500
From: Jamie Strandboge <jamie@...onical.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: coley@...us.mitre.org, team@...urity.debian.org
Subject: Re: CVE request: apt

On Wed, 08 Apr 2009, Jamie Strandboge wrote:

> Summary
> -------
> Systems in certain timezones with automatic updates enabled won't be
> upgraded on the first day of DST and some systems in affected timezones
> could end up with automatic updates being disabled permanently. Normal
> usage of apt is not affected.

In addition to my original request, can we have one more for this bug:
https://launchpad.net/bugs/356012

"APT does not properly handle expired or revoked key signatures". This
affects apt < 0.7.21.

Basically, if a repository is signed with only a revoked or expired key,
and gpgv reports VALIDSIG, apt considers it to be properly signed. apt
should check for GOODSIG, not VALIDSIG. Patch is in the bug and this is
already fixed in Debian sid and Ubuntu 9.04.

Jamie

--
Jamie Strandboge             | http://www.canonical.com

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (198 bytes)