Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 16:02:44 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: lxc-sshd security issues?

On Thu, 5 Mar 2009, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

> I finally got the right contact info upstream, and we're talking
> about this, so expect it to not be a problem in future releases.
> For the record, it's dummy auth data, but still could be seen as a
> backdoor, and will probably be changed to user-configured value.

By "dummy auth data," do you mean that it's replaced with real/unique
passwords/keys before the system becomes operational?  Or do these
pre-packaged values work unless the admin RTFM?  (If the latter, then it
needs a CVE; if the former, then there doesn't seem to be a vuln because
there's no impact on authentication).

- Steve