Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 09:51:35 +0000
From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@...rt.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: 498243@...s.debian.org, xine-user@...ts.sourceforge.net, redpig@...rt.org
Subject: Re: xine-lib and ocert-2008-008

On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 07:46:19PM -0500, Steven M. Christey wrote:

> On Sat, 22 Nov 2008, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
>
> > I am not quite sure whether I can agree with Will Drewry's analysis[1]
> > accompanying ocert advisory 2008-008[1]. Looking at item 1A, which Will
> > says is fixed in 1.1.5, attached .mov seems to fit the case description
> > and will still corrupt the memory when viewed e.g. in gxine.
>
> This has finally prompted me to process CVE's for the issues originally
> disclosed by Will back in August.  Our analysts didn't have a very
> pleasant time with the volume and complexity, I'm sure.  Sorry it took so
> long.

Steve, thanks for this assignment, I updated our advisory with the
references.  We'll try to take a look at the new test case sometimes next
week.

Cheers

--
Andrea Barisani |                Founder & Project Coordinator
          oCERT | Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team

<lcars@...rt.org>                         http://www.ocert.org
 0x864C9B9E 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E
        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"