Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 15:20:54 +0200
From: Robert Buchholz <rbu@...too.org>
To: vuln@...unia.com
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Regarding SA32329 (Smarty "_expand_quoted_text()" Security Bypass)

Hi,

unfortunately, Secunia does not list any references for SA32329 [1].
Apparantly, they are refering to the last three commits to
libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php, r2781:2797 [2].

However, this issue is not fixed in 2.6.20, and I could not find a
2.6.20-1 release. I have no idea where this version information comes
from.

It might be worthwhile to check applications that bundle smarty, like
tikiwiki, gallery 2 or PEAR-PhpDocumentor.

Robert

[1] http://secunia.com/advisories/32329/
[2]
http://code.google.com/p/smarty-php/source/list?path=/trunk/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php&start=2797
https://bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=169804&action=view

Download attachment "signature.asc " of type "application/pgp-signature" (836 bytes)