Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 17:53:53 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Links < 2.1 security issue

On Sun, 27 Jul 2008, Pierre-Yves Rofes wrote:

> Anyone investigated this, or even has a clue on the potential impact?
> Not sure if a CVE can be assigned, since this is very (too?) vague...

We operate on the assumption that if a developer says it's a security
issue, it's worth assigning a CVE for.

But you wind up with uninformative descriptions like the one below :-/

- Steve

Name: CVE-2008-3329
Reference: CONFIRM:http://links.twibright.com/download/ChangeLog

Unspecified vulnerability in Links before 2.1, when "only proxies" is
enabled, has unknown impact and attack vectors related to providing
"URLs to external programs."