Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:03:30 +0000
From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@...rt.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: code reviews (was: ARP handler Inspection tool
	released)

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 06:53:20PM +0200, Nico Golde wrote:

> At least for Debian there is an audit project
> (http://www.debian.org/security/audit/) which is not really
> active anymore though. As far as I know Gentoo has a similar
> project. What about replacing those by an oss-security-audit
> project? I don't think oCert is the solution to audit
> requests as it simply lacks of enough manpower to do that in
> an organized fashion.

With all due respect, how exactly do you know that? :)

We will expand man power accordingly to load, we are here for organizing and
handling, otherwise we wouldn't have started oCERT in the first place.

Also not everyone might like a public review as they might want embargoes for
potential issues and so on.

Sure we might be in scenarios where we can't cope, if so we will declare so.
Still that didn't happened yet and any speculation about it shouldn't suggest
that people should not send us reports if they want to.

Cheers!

--
Andrea Barisani |                Founder & Project Coordinator
          oCERT | Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team

<lcars@...rt.org>                         http://www.ocert.org
 0x864C9B9E 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E
        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"