Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:04:40 -0400
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: list: members vs. read-only subscribers

On 8 April 2008, Solar Designer wrote:

> > * The current member list can post unmoderated
> > * New subscribers (anyone can subscribe) will be moderated by default, but
> >   can have the moderation flag lifted when the prove to be useful
> >   contributors (we need to define what a useful contributor is)
> > * Non members can post, but will be moderated (if spam is an issue, we
> >   could consider just throwing this stuff out, but I'd really like to avoid
> >   it if possible)

> I am OK with your proposal, although I think that we could simply do
> message moderation for all instead, with a few moderators.

I'm pretty sure this is going to get old real fast, and is going to
needlessly slow down communication.  I presume this is only being kicked
around as an idea because of missing features in the list backend?

> Anyway, should we (Openwall) interpret the above as a request to go
> ahead and apply the changes?

Have the gears started turning that will make this happen yet?  I'm not in
a big rush, I just don't want this conversation to be forgotten.

Thanks.

--
    JB