Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 10:58:57 -0400
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: announcing oCERT & oss-security to Bugtraq & f-d

> Josh,
>
> Would you be able and willing to start working on the announcement text
> for oss-security now?  We'll be able to combine it with one for oCERT
> later if needed (that is, if it's not too late) - or you can work on it
> with Andrea right away (on this list).  I think I'd announce both
> projects at once at least to the Openwall announcements list.

Probably not this week.  I have quite a few more pressing matters to attend
to, and for the limited oss-security time I have, I plan to clean up the
wiki a bit in preparation for a public announcement.

I think oCERT needs to do their own thing here.  I'm not pleased with this
unneeded pressure being placed on this group because of the desire of
oCERT.

We also need to sort out the mailing list situation before we can
reasonably expect what will be a spike of interest.  Did anyone disagree
with my proposal yesterday?

Thanks.

--
    JB