Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:34:29 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Subject: Re: CVE Help

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:12:15PM -0500, Josh Bressers wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I think this is a good opportunity to ask you how we can use this list to
> make your life easier.  Perhaps it's worth thinking about ways some of the
> subscribed CNAs can dish out CVE ids to reduce your load a little bit for
> these public issues that obviously lack a proper id.

IIRC, Steve's reason for not being on vendor-sec was that he did not
want to be exposed to more non-public security issues (and detailed info
on them) than is necessary for assigning CVE ids.  If so, this reason
does not apply for oss-security, because this is a public list.  Steve -
you're welcome to join us on oss-security, although this is, of course,
up to you. :-)

Thanks,

Alexander