Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:52:34 +0300
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: extracting patches from SRPMs (Was: code review CVS)

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 08:49:52AM +0000, Mark J Cox wrote:

> Once you get a rpm then unpacking it without installing it is easy:
> rpm2cpio fn.rpm | cpio --make-directories --extract

I think that it's good to preserve original timestamps of patches
extracted from SRPMs (at least this is what our, Openwall's, conventions
require and what we do when borrowing patches from other distros):

rpm2cpio fn.rpm | cpio --make-directories --extract --preserve-modification-time

Just my $0.02.

--
(GM)