Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:54:24 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com

I've subscribed Jim earlier today.  Welcome!

As to the procedure, right now subscriptions are not even moderated, so
anyone who can figure out ezmlm's subscription address can join.
Perhaps this will change, although I am personally unsure whether we
want it to change (maybe message moderation is a better option), and
whether we want it to happen before we even have the very first
undesirable message in here.  We can apply this sort of changes quickly
when the need arises - have other lists with pre-moderation enabled
running nearby.

As to the introductions, yes, those are desirable (unless we want to
allow "read-only" members, in which case we might not care who they are -
the list is public anyway).  For now, introductions can be sent right to
the list address.  A possible improvement can be to setup a web form on
the oss-security website (outside of the wiki) that would submit a
subscription request and at the same time request other info - such as
what project(s) the person represents and in what role(s).  This info
may be sent to list moderator(s), once we start to do any
pre-moderation.  If we do subscription moderation, then the info will be
available along with subscription requests pending approval.

Jim, Kees - thank you for introducing yourselves!

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:19:29AM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
> > I tend the upstream GNU coreutils and am co-maintainer of gnulib
> > automake, autoconf, and a few others.

Jim - you may want to add these projects to:

http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/software

Maybe there should be a sub-page for GNU software, if every GNU project
has its own security contact info?

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 11:04:28AM -0800, Kees Cook wrote:
> Among other things, I'm a member of the Ubuntu Security Team,

Kees - would you add Ubuntu to:

http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/vendors

> the upstream security contact for Inkscape,

...and Inkscape to:

http://oss-security.openwall.org/wiki/software

> and a kernel.org admin.

Perhaps we should setup a third page for OSS-relevant infrastructure
security contacts?  Would you do it?

Thanks again,

Alexander