Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2018 16:38:03 +0300
From: Dmitry Golovin <dima@...ovin.in>
To: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: clang/musl/linux?

07.08.2018, 16:19, "Jon Chesterfield" <jonathanchesterfield@...il.com>:
> I'm interested in using a toolchain containing clang, musl and the llvm C++ stack from a glibc linux host. There is some patchy documentation on doing this which suggests it is possible with some relatively minor patches. Most of the links are from a few years ago.
>
> Does anyone on this list use a similar setup today? If so, does it work for you?
>
> Essentially I'm hoping for guidance on whether the end result of the cmake hackery would be stable enough to use as my daily toolchain, before grinding through the inevitable plumbing.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon

Unfortunately, it's not possible to build mainline linux with clang right now. Currently most efforts on patching the kernel are combined in this repo: https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/linux (it is also not ready to be compiled yet).

You can also check my GNU-free toolchain as a starting point: https://github.com/tpimh/ngtc
It uses musl, clang, lld and libcxx with very little patching.

Regards,
Dmitry