Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2018 12:22:36 -0500
From: Rob Landley <rob@...dley.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Timeline for 1.1.20?

On 07/16/2018 12:20 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 09:17:01AM +0200, ardi wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there a timeline for the 1.1.20 release? I'm starting a project,
>> and I'd find it very convenient to know if 1.1.20 will be released
>> this month, or if 1.1.19 is going to be kept as the current release
>> for some months to come.
>
> I don't have a date in mind, but letting it get drawn out for "some
> months" again is definitely not something I want to have happen.
> There's definitely enough time left in this month that a release
> before the end should be possible. Assistance with testing/checks for
> regressions would help a lot.

What kind of tests? I built an mcm-buildall.sh toolchain set and all the mkroot
targets with it and booted 'em to a shell prompt shortly after m68k went in. I
can do that again. But I'm not running a whole lot of test loads under the
result yet...

I added an m68k target to mcm-buildall.sh a _month_ ago, on the assumption that
a release with m68k was forthcoming:

  https://github.com/landley/mkroot/commit/b34fd3014357

The build has been broken for anything but musl-git ever since. (Also, should I
stop testing gcc 7.2? Is there a reason the default hasn't updated?)

Rob