Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2018 20:52:47 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: getaddrinfo(3) / AI_ADDRCONFIG

On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 08:19:50PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 14, 2018 at 08:07:17PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > >
> > > Works for me.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Minor issue: as written the patch left the cancel state disabled if it
> exited early via return EAI_NONAME. Un-hoisting the setcancelstate
> calls to fix.

And a couple other issues: socket() may fail with EAFNOSUPPORT, and in
that case, the family needs to be rejected rather than accepted like
it was with the continue. For other socket() failures (like
EMFILE/ENFILE), the result is indeterminate and we need to return
EAI_SYSTEM rather than wrong results. Making these changes and I think
it will be ready to commit.