Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2018 00:04:31 +0200
From: Marco Dickert <marco@...terunknown.de>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Bug in getaddrinfo

Hi all.

I found a bug in the musl implementation of getaddrinfo(). It apparently returns
a bad ai_canonname value. I used this [1] code to produce the following results
on an alpine linux (edge):

----
alpine:~# ./addrinfo-test mail.misterunknown.de
Result 0 0xda051c83080
Canonname mail.misterunknown.de
alpine:~# ./addrinfo-test mail.misterunknown.de.
Result 0 0x53f7dac4080
Canonname mail.misterunknown.de.
----

The problem is the trailing dot in the Commonname in the second example, which
should not be there. See also this [2] bug report I opened in the first place.

Cheers,
Marco

[1] https://pastebin.com/nypMzhCb
[2] https://gitlab.isc.org/isc-projects/bind9/issues/354

--
Marco Dickert
marco@...terunknown.de

Download attachment "smime.p7s" of type "application/x-pkcs7-signature" (5022 bytes)