Date: Wed, 30 May 2018 14:33:07 +0200
From: "Bob B." <bob66@....com>
To: "Jameson Nash" <vtjnash@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, ararslan@...cast.net, jakub@...utka.cz
Subject: Re: dl_iterate_phdr() behaves differently on musl and glibc

> So seems like the main difference is just that on Ubuntu the first entry doesn't have a name
Yes, I mistakenly thought it wasn't reported for some reason, but they just don't have a name.

> Which seems to suggest that users should just unconditionally skip the first entry if they aren't interested in the program name.
> Does that sound right?
It sounds right. But the question now is what should libwhich do.
Ignore first entry on musl too or start to report first entry on glibc. (first entry being the program itself).
As libwhich is used to determine what are the dependencies of a program I don't think it's really necessary to point out that it depends on itself. But it doesn't do any harm either... And could simplify code (also taking away the special handle for Apple systems).
Either way it should be consistent across systems.
Nice work! Let us know what you choose.