Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:59:01 +0200
From: Thomas Petazzoni <thomas.petazzoni@...tlin.com>
To: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: Re: undefined reference to `raise' with musl static
 toolchain

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

On Wed, 9 May 2018 17:24:37 +0200, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:

> there can be many reasons..
>
> e.g. if mktime in uclibc-ng happens to reference raise then it
> would get linked in independently of libgcc.

In the static binary linked against uClibc, there are two references to
__GI_raise:

	__GI_abort
	__aeabi_idiv0

__GI_abort is reference from _start, so I guess this means that
__GI_abort is always pulled in, therefore __GI_raise is always pulled
in, and __aeabi_idiv0 is happy.

Now my question remains: do you consider it normal that -static is
required, or do you consider it a bug of the musl/gcc integration that
-static is required even when the only variant available of the library
is the static one ?

Thanks,

Thomas
--
Thomas Petazzoni, CTO, Bootlin (formerly Free Electrons)
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering