Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 12:34:13 +1000
From: Patrick Oppenlander <patrick.oppenlander@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Some questions

On Tue, May 1, 2018 at 1:31 AM, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 30, 2018 at 03:29:39PM +1000, Patrick Oppenlander wrote:
>> Actually, my biggest issue with getcwd is that it allocates a PATH_MAX
>> sized buffer on the stack. That's painful on deeply embedded stuff.
>
> That's unrelated, and could/should be fixed by the attached patch I
> think.

Unfortunately that fails to build on arm with:

src/unistd/getcwd.c: In function 'getcwd':
src/unistd/getcwd.c:25:1: error: r7 cannot be used in asm here

I was also having a go at resolving the stack & the buffer size issue
and came up with the attached (untested) patch.

Patrick

View attachment "getcwd2.diff" of type "text/x-patch" (1208 bytes)