Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 16:47:16 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Towards a 1.1.20 release

There's been a lot of development since 1.1.19, and in getting back to
a time-based release schedule I'd like to release soon. Recent changes
could probably use some testing, so if anyone's available to help
with that it would be much appreciated! The biggest areas that need
testing are:

- stdio locking after commits c21f750727515602a9e84f2a190ee8a0a2aeb2a1
  and c1014a812c90bab3c9c989863e4ebb129e987de6.

- reclaim_gaps since commit ce7ae11acfd9db8eb92cc6823c132e1825918d92.
  this could be tested by abusing __malloc_donate as if it were a
  public api.

- malloc interposition -- seeing if replacement allocators actually
  work. (not so important since it wouldn't be a regression if it's
  broken, but would be nice to know it works before announcing)

There's a good deal of stuff I had on the roadmap that looks like it's
not going to make it into this release cycle, particularly:

- All the locale stuff -- there's demand for it when it's missing, but
  little or no feedback on moving forward to add the missing
  functionality. If you care about locale improvements please join in
  discussion for making it happen in the next 1-2 release cycles.

- IDN -- I haven't gotten back to reviewing the old patches, and still
  have some concerns about whether we need to do any sort of
  normalization.

- GLOB_TILDE -- haven't started; might change the task into "glob
  overhaul".

- RISC-V port -- waiting for next steps from the ppl working on it.