Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2018 22:12:32 +0200
From: ardi <ardillasdelmonte@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Views on bare metal port

On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 4:29 PM, Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net> wrote:
> in short:
>
> most things will work even if musl is compiled by a
> compiler without fenv access support, but it won't
> be fully conforming when the caller changes or tests
> the fenv.

Thanks a lot for your detailed clarifications! I never change the
rounding mode in my code, nor use the functions you mention, so I
think I'm safe to use clang with musl.

BTW, am I correct in assuming that these clang rounding mode issues
happen in all C runtimes in all OSs (MacOS included), or do some C
runtimes apply some hacks for preventing this behaviour? I feel a bit
puzzled about MacOS not saying a word about this in the docs. For
example, the MacOS manpages for fesetround() and for the functions you
mention, don't say a word about possible undesired behaviour with
clang.

Thanks!

ardi