Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 19:19:49 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Maybe not a bug but a possible omission?

* Jon Scobie <jon.scobie@...lsign.com> [2018-03-28 14:33:23 +0100]:
> Well, I definitely agree that instead of definitions like
>
> #define INT64_MIN  (-1-0x7fffffffffffffff)
>
> we should have
>
> #define INT64_MIN  (-1 - INT64_C(0x7fffffffffffffff))

why?

"The macro INTN_C(value) shall expand to an integer constant expression corresponding to the type int_leastN_t"

i dont think it is necessary or appropriate: the c rules
already handles this portably: the const has the lowest
rank 64bit signed int type, any additional complication
can just get the type wrong.