Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 21:11:10 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Providing locale definitions for musl

Manually creating locale definitions for use with musl does not seem
to have taken off, and wouldn't scale anyway, so I think we should
figure out how to generate as much as possible from CLDR. That should
be basically everything but the strerror translations. The generation
scripts should produce incomplete (missing strerror, or better yet
just replacing the strerror messages with the E* macro names) locale
files that can be fleshed out later as there is interest.

Of course all that's possible so far aside from message translations
is LC_TIME translation. This is the big important one anyway, but we
need to figure out a format for collation and numeric/monetary data so
they can be included too.