Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 15:59:26 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Generating headers for a specific target

On Thu, Mar 01, 2018 at 09:49:42PM +0100, EJ wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to generate the headers for a specific target without
> having access to the target or a cross-compiler for the target?
>
> I’m not interested in compiling must, just in a complete set of header files.

Yes, with a few caveats. Keep in mind that for archs with subarchs,
there will be preprocessor conditionals in the bits headers which
depend on predefined macros from the compiler, so you can't
use/process the headers without knowing the values of those macros.

With that said, something like this should work from a clean tree:

	make includedir=/where/you/want/them ARCH=whatever install-headers

or out-of-tree in a clean dir:

	make -f /path/to/musl/Makefile srcdir=/path/to/musl \
	includedir=/where/you/want/them ARCH=whatever install-headers

filling in ARCH=whatever with the musl name for the target arch (not
including the subarch part).

The above make invocations are not entirely documented/public
interfaces, but are probably 90% so and unlikely to change/break in
practice. It might be a good idea to check that they still work with
new versions when upgrading musl though.