Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2018 17:57:04 +0100
From: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@...oden.eu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@...oden.eu>
Subject: iconv failure (ISO-2022-JP) since musl update on AlpineLinux

Hello.

After updating to musl-1.1.19-r0 there i saw test failures for the
MUA i maintain, namely regarding the mentioned charset.  I will
attach a file to reproduce.  (Am not subscribed.)
Ciao!

  #?0[steffen@...on steffen]$ cksum in.utf
  1259742080 686 in.utf
  #?0[steffen@...on steffen]$ iconv -f utf8 -t iso-2022-jp <in.utf|cksum
  2184132317 536
  #?0[steffen@...on steffen]$ iconv --version
  iconv (GNU libiconv 1.11)
..
  #?0[steffen@...ex tmp]$ cksum in.utf
  1259742080 686 in.utf
  #?0[steffen@...ex tmp]$ iconv -f utf8 -t iso-2022-jp <in.utf|cksum
  209789743 1736
  #?0[steffen@...ex tmp]$ apk info --who-owns /usr/bin/iconv
  /usr/bin/iconv is owned by musl-utils-1.1.19-r0

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

View attachment "in.utf" of type "text/plain" (687 bytes)