Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 11:30:07 +0100
From: Shiz <>
Subject: Re: ./configure compiler-rt patch

> On 21 Feb 2018, at 03:12, Rich Felker <> wrote:
> It might be optimal to try the basename produced by
> -print-libgcc-file-name, stripping the "lib" and ".a" parts and using
> it with -l, to see if that works. But it might not actually work for
> anything other than gcc. I know it doesn't (or at least didn't in the
> past) work for pcc.

Sadly, that won’t work for clang, to the best of my knowledge.
Quickly tested on a macOS machine, but I think it’s the same anywhere:

~ » clang -rtlib=compiler-rt -print-libgcc-file-name
~ » clang -lclang_rt.builtins-x86_64
ld: library not found for -lclang_rt.builtins-x86_64

I’m fairly sure -lcompiler_rt used to work at some point, but it seems
they stripped support, which makes sense given that compiler-rt is
actually multiple things now, and this would refer to the builtins part
of it.

- Shiz

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)