Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2018 13:24:58 +0100
From: "Tmp File" <tmpfile@...l.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: getcontext, setcontext, makecontext and swapcontext

Hello all.

I'm compiling many software in a musl box and (by far) the biggest wall I hit regards the functions getcontext, setcontext, makecontext and swapcontext. I understand they are deprecated, but they are used in many programs and it's usually really troublesome/tricky to modify the upstream source code to accomodate for them being unavailable on musl.

David du Colombier from plan9port mentioned[0] a simple coroutine library called libstak[1] that should help.
I see 2 possible approaches:
(i) musl imports libstak
(ii} users somehow compile libstak and make it available for programs that need the *context functions

In case you aren't interested in (i) could somebody help us get (ii) to work?
Then musl distros like Alpine could have libstak as some kind of "compatibility" layer.
Of course (i) might be a better solution, if you aren't so concerned about getcontext, setcontext, makecontext and swapcontext "deprecation status".

Thank you.

[0] https://github.com/9fans/plan9port/issues/36#issuecomment-123992042
[1] https://github.com/0intro/libtask