Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 18:01:49 +0100
From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Patch] reduced warnings reported by clang

On Tue, Jan 09, 2018 at 04:48:02PM +0000, Patrick Cheng wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Not sure if it's the version of clang that I was using, or the warning
> level/toggle on the project that I was compiling, but Musl headers were
> causing a number of warnings.
>
> Added extra parenthesis, so it's more explicit the precedence of | vs &
>
> Added 'const' to the typecasting. Clang didn't like const casting.

Didn't we have this topic already? If clang reports warnings from system
headers, it is broken. Either because it is not told those headers are
from the system (did you use -I instead of -isystem?) or because clang
is broken fundamentally. The latter appears to be unlikely, but I've
seen horses puke before.

Ciao,
Markus