Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2017 20:27:34 +0100
From: ardi <ardillasdelmonte@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Feature request: building musl in a portable way

On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Nicholas Wilson
<nicholas.wilson@...lvnc.com> wrote:
> [...]
> If you insist on using Musl on MacOS, your route forwards would be to implement the Linux syscall ABI using MacOS syscalls, effectively emulating Linux on each platform where you want to run Musl.
>
> That's how we're using Musl on WebAssembly. Musl uses Linux syscalls, so we implement Linux syscalls to keep Musl happy.

Exactly. I'm designing an embedded system (not web-related, though)
and the thoughts are similar to what you describe (it will be open
source if I succeed, so don't worry, you'll know if I succeed, and
I'll keep a coward silence if I fail miserably :-))))

(BTW: don't worry, you didn't hijack the thread, your comments have
been very instructive too)

Thanks!
ardi