Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2017 14:19:24 +0100
From: ardi <ardillasdelmonte@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Easiest way of capturing syscalls, all-architectures-wide?

Is there some place (some header, I suppose) where I could redefine
the syscall interface in a global way, for all CPU architectures, and
redirect all syscalls to a custom implementation of the Linux call
table?

For this scenario I'm thinking in totally bypassing the arch-dependent
assembly syscall code, and redirect it to a C-written interface.

Can this be done in an smart way that would involve perhaps just
editing one file? Maybe you have this feature already implemented for
your testing purposes, but it's disabled in release builds? (I'm
asking this for not reinventing the wheel in case you already have
this feature)

I'm looking at src/internal/syscall.h in this very same moment, and it
looks like the redirection can be done there, but... would this
capture all syscalls, or maybe some parts of musl might still be
issuing syscalls that don't go through src/internal/syscall.h ?

Also, is there an easy way of disabling the build of the assembly
syscall code, just to be 100% confident that I build without the risk
of doing direct syscalls?

Thanks!!

ardi